This isn't today's advent devotional, but i thought I would share some different stuff as well in between as there are so many things around Christmas. When I was younger and even now I like to make up my own 12 Days of Christmas song. This 12 Days of Christmas is not my own version yet but this I found around on the internet, I'm not sure where but If your google search you'd most likley find it.
Take a look what the 12 Days Of Christmas means!
12 Days Symbols:
1st Day: The partridge in a pear tree is Christ Jesus upon the Cross. The tree is the symbol of the fall of the human race through the sin of Adam and Eve. True Love refers to God
2nd Day: Turtle Doves – The Old and New Testaments
3rd Day: Three French Hens – Faith, Hope, and Love
4th Day: The "four calling birds" refers to the four evangelists. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John – which proclaim the Good News of God's reconciliation of the world to Himself in Jesus Christ.
5th Day: Golden Rings – The first five books of the Bible, also called the Jewish Torah: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy.
6th Day: Geese A-laying refers to the six days of creation.
7th Day: Seven swans a-swimming – seven gifts of the Holy Spirit: wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety and fear of the Lord.
8th Day: Eight maids a milking – Blessed are the poor in spirit, those who mourn, the meek, those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, the merciful, the pure in heart, the peacemakers, those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake – eight beatitudes listed in the Sermon on the Mount.
9th Day: Nine ladies dancing – nine Fruits of the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23): love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.
10th Day: Ten lords a-leaping – Ten commandments (Exodus 20:1-17): You shall have no other gods before me; Do not make an idol; Do not take God's name in vain; Remember the Sabbath Day; Honor your father and mother; Do not murder; Do not commit adultery; Do not steal; Do not bear false witness; Do not covet.
11th Day: Eleven pipers piping – eleven faithful Apostles (Luke 6:14-16): Simon Peter, Andrew, James, John, Philip, Bartholomew, Matthew, Thomas, James bar Alphaeus, Simon the Zealot, Judas bar James.
12th Day: Drummers Drumming – the twelve points of doctrine in the Apostle's Creed:
1. I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth,
2. And in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord,
3. Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary,
4. Suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead and buried; He descended into hell.
5. The third day he rose again from the dead;
6. He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty.
7. From there he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
8. I believe in the Holy Spirit,
9. I believe in the holy catholic church, the communion of saints, (I don't believe in this one personally as I'm not Catholic, these were copied and pasted from Google search)
10. The forgiveness of sins,
11. The resurrection of the body,
12. And the life everlasting. Amen.